Grandma's easy rice with cod and artichokes recipe
Today it's time to merge 2 of the ingredients that I like most in cooking: rice and fish. The rice with cod recipe is simple to prepare. I like to use desalted cod but in the step by step we explain how to desalt it if you have bought it salted.
It is important to check the condition of the rice while cooking because if it is overcooked, the dish will not be as good. I also recommend using a homemade stock. However, many times I use a tetra carton from the supermarket of fish broth.
Don't you have any ingredients? Here are other similar recipes
How to make rice with cod step by step
- I like to use desalted cod but if what we have is salted cod first, we must fill a container with cold water and put the dried cod in, leaving it to soak for 24 hours. We must change the water several times to get rid of excess salt. Once desalted, we drain it and carefully remove the bones and skin. We parade it with our hands or with a fork to leave it in small pieces. We reserve.
- Cut the onion in Brunoise. We wash the green and red pepper, opening them to remove the seeds inside. We pass them some water and cut them into strips.
- As for the artichokes, we peel them until we reach the most tender leaves. We cut them into quarters and put them in a bowl with water and a few drops of lemon to prevent oxidation. We booked these too.
- Now, in a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. We add the chopped onion to the Brunoise and the pepper (green and red) cut into strips. We fry it until the onion is transparent and tender. Add the crushed tomato
- Chop the garlic and add them. We remove a few moments until they give off their characteristic aroma.
- Next, we add the rice and the fried onion, pepper and tomato. We remove it carefully so that the rice is impregnated with all the ingredients. Then add the artichokes and stir well.
- Once all the ingredients are in the pan, add the chopped cod, a pinch of powdered saffron and paprika. We mix it carefully so that all the tastes merge.
- Pour in the fish broth or fumet. We keep cooking over medium heat for about 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the rice has cooked and absorbed the liquid.
- Finally, we remove the pan from the heat and let it rest for a few minutes before serving. For its presentation, we can decorate with strips of red pepper.
- All that remains is to serve and enjoy this exquisite dish of rice with cod and artichokes.