Homemade carrot cake recipe
Carrot has been used for prepare sweet recipes since the Middle Ages. It is one of the sweetest vegetables and they are easy to obtain.
During the second half of the XX years This carrot cake was very popular in the United States . This popularity came directly from the United Kingdom where carrot cake became popular during World War II due to a lack of food.
This recipe for carrot cake is easy to prepare if you take into account some tricks that we tell in the last section of the article.
The key to preparing the best carrot cake is that the cake is well fluffy and that the glaze prepared from cheese and sugar remains with the seamless texture .
Many bakers like to add spices such as ground ginger, cardamom or cloves. It's a good way to give good touch of flavor .
If it's your first time making a cake, don't worry. Carrot cake is very easy to prepare. if you follow the step by step instructions.
What are you waiting for to go to the kitchen?
Don't you have any ingredients? Here are other similar recipes
How to make carrot cake or carrot cake
- The first step is to peel and grate all the carrots into a deep plate.
- In a separate bowl, beat the 4 eggs together with the sugar until a frothy mixture is obtained. The latter is vital as it means that enough air has entered for the cake to be foamy. We preheat the oven to 170 ºC.
- Add the grated carrot and sunflower oil to the egg and sugar. We beat until the mixture is homogeneous.
- Add the pinch of salt and sift the flour and yeast. Add the teaspoon of cinnamon and beat all the ingredients.
- Chop the walnuts into small pieces and add them to the bowl. We mix.
- We spread the mold with a little butter. At the bottom of the container it is advisable to put a piece of baking paper that fits the base of the mold to prevent it from sticking. We add the dough.
- We put the mold in the preheated oven and bake for 40 minutes. The times are estimated since it depends on each oven.
Preparation of the coverage and assembly of the Carrot Cake
- The glaze with which you can fill and/or cover the carrot cake is made in two simple steps. To start, leave the butter in a warm place until it has an ointment texture.
- Mix all the ingredients: cheese, icing sugar, creamed butter and vanilla until you have a homogeneous cream. If we don't have icing sugar we can prepare it ourselves by grinding the white sugar with a mixer.
- All we have to do is add the mascarpone cream to the cake. There are different ways to do it. I like to cut the cake in half and add a layer of mascarpone cream right in the center. The thickness should be approximately 1 cm.
- We put the top of the cake on top of the cream cheese layer. Now it's time to add the top layer. We spread the cream on top with a spatula. Another option is to use a pastry bag to further improve the presentation of the carrot cake.
- The thickness of the layer depends on each person's taste. Once ready, we put a little walnuts on top and let it cool in the refrigerator for at least 24 hours.
Tricks to prepare the best carrot cake
1-The exact baking time depends on each type of oven. For this reason, a trick is to stick a toothpick into the cake. If it is dirty when you take it out, it means that it still has to stay longer. Otherwise, we can take it out of the oven.
2-To get a cake cart with a double layer we can cut the cake in half or we can prepare 2 bases separately in two different molds. Then we will only have to put one on top of the other.
3-Optionally we can add a little baking soda in the recipe. The bicarbonate together with the yeast makes the texture of the cake unbeatable.
4-When we beat the eggs it is important to make sure that air enters. One way to check is to beat them until we have a frothy mixture.
5-It is important to watch the amount of cinnamon that is added to the carrot cake. Too much cinnamon can mask the other flavors in the cake. That is why we recommend adding a maximum of one teaspoon of cinnamon.