Recipe for soupy rice with rabbit
One of the dishes that I remember most my grandmother prepared me when I was little It is brothy rice with rabbit. Rabbit meat is very healthy since it contains a very low amount of unsaturated fat while providing a large number of proteins to our body.
Is an incredibly simple recipe to prepare . The most important thing is that during the final 20 minutes of waiting we make sure that the rice does not run out of broth and that it does not go too far. I like rather hard rice but this is a matter of taste.
Don't you have any ingredients? Here are other similar recipes
How to cook rice with grandmother's soupy rabbit
- The first step is to cut the rabbit into medium pieces. We add a little salt and optionally a little black pepper.
- Chop the 2 cloves of garlic. Wash the green and red peppers well, open them in half and remove the seeds. Cut the peppers into small pieces.
- In a casserole we put a little olive oil and let it heat up. Add the cut peppers, the garlic pieces and the rabbit pieces. Let cook for a few minutes until the rabbit begins to brown.
- When the rabbit begins to brown and the garlic and pepper begin to be cooked, add the 250 grams of crushed tomato.
- We add half a liter of chicken broth into the rice. Optionally we can also use vegetable or meat broth. At this point we also add the thyme branch and the bay leaves. We let it cook over medium heat for about 20 minutes.
- After that time we check the condition of the rice. It is important that if the rice remains dry during the 20 minutes, we add a little more broth.