Rice and chicken salad recipe
Today's recipe is a perfect salad for summer. It includes carbohydrates such as rice and protein with the chicken, as well as a great source of mineral salts and vitamins with the vegetables, making this dish a great ally to maintain a healthy diet.
It is very simple and quick to cook. It has an Asian touch so if you like Asian dishes you will surely love it!
I personally like to add a little soy sauce or some type of curry. Sometimes I also add some type of legume such as chickpeas or lentils.
The chicken rice recipe is just a base to later add all those ingredients that you want. It's a matter of trying different combinations until you find the one you like best.
Don't you have any ingredients? Here are other similar recipes
Ingredients for chicken and rice salad
How to make chicken rice salad
- Heat two pots of water with a little salt on the stove. In one of them we will boil the rice and in the other we will prepare the hard-boiled egg.
- Once they are boiling, add the 100 grams of rice and the other two eggs. It is important to add the eggs into the water gently to prevent them from breaking.
- We leave the rice on the heat for 15-20 minutes. 10 minutes will be enough for hard-boiled eggs.
- While we wait, take a frying pan and add oil.
- We chop the chicken and when the heat of the pan is very hot we add the chicken pieces. While cooking, it is important to rotate the pieces to ensure that they are cooked on both sides.
- While the chicken is frying, peel the onions and cut them into julienne strips. We open the peppers in the middle, pour water over them, remove the seeds and cut them into pieces.
- Optionally we can add the onion and peppers to the pan with the chicken to cook them a little. If you like the vegetables raw you can leave them uncooked.
- We peel the carrot and grate it or cut it into pieces.
- We check the condition of the rice, egg and chicken. We take a salad bowl and when the ingredients are cooked we add them to the container. We can chop the egg and put it in halves.
- We add the peppers, onion, carrot, corn and peas. We add a splash of olive oil, a little salt and we have our chicken rice salad.
- We can add extra ingredients, for example, soy sauce or some type of curry.
Keys to cooking the best chicken and rice salad
This salad is very easy to prepare. However, there are a few little tricks that will take this recipe to the next level.
It is advisable to let the chicken rice salad rest in the fridge or refrigerator. In this way we will obtain a better combination of flavors and a little more freshness.
Another recommendation is to use a good oil to cook the chicken and to put on top of the dish. Although it may not seem like it, there is a big difference between using good or bad quality oil.
The flavor of our salad will be much better if we use fresh vegetables of the day and not frozen ones. I have a fairly fine palate and I notice these differences. However, there are people who say they don't notice it. It is a matter of taste.