Tasty rice with chorizo recipe
Today We will learn to cook rice with chorizo , a typical homemade recipe of Spanish gastronomy. It is true that this mixture is not very common but believe me, if you use a good chorizo, you will love this dish.
I tried it for the first time in a restaurant in Castilla-La Mancha on a lunch menu. The combination fascinated me, so every once in a while, I like to make it on the weekend.
If you like cooking recipes that incorporate rice as a base, you cannot miss our recipe for rabbit with grandmother's soupy rice .
Don't you have any ingredients? Here are other similar recipes
How to prepare rice with chorizo
- The first step is to wash, peel and cut the vegetables. We peel the onion and cut it into Brunoise. Peel the carrot and cut it into medium-sized pieces. We wash the green and red pepper, open it in half, remove the seeds from inside and pour plenty of water. Chop the garlic into small pieces.
- We take a casserole, add a little olive oil and add the peppers, the carrot, the minced garlic and the onion cut in Brunoise. We leave on medium heat for about 5-10 minutes.
- While the vegetables are cooking, cut the chorizo into medium pieces, neither too thick nor too thin. After the time mentioned in the previous step, we add the pieces of chorizo that we have just cut together with the rest of the ingredients.
- Let all the ingredients cook over medium heat for approximately 5 minutes.
- After this time we add the peas and a glass of chicken broth. We stir everything and let it cook for about 20 minutes. During this time it is important to monitor the rice. If we see that the broth evaporates, we add one more glass. Additionally, it is very important to stir during these 20 minutes to prevent the rice from sticking to the bottom.
- After 20 minutes we make sure that there is hardly any broth left (we don't want soupy rice). We taste and adjust with salt if necessary. All we have to do is serve it and enjoy an authentic rice with chorizo.