White rice with vegetables recipe
Today's dish is very simple. Rice with vegetables, that easy. Is A quick to cook and very healthy recipe. It is perfect for getting rid of those vegetables that remain at the bottom of the refrigerator.
The ingredients in the recipe are just an example. You can put all the vegetables you want.
Many times I like to add broccoli or cauliflower to the recipe. You simply have to take into account the cooking time of each of the vegetables to ensure that they are cooked properly.
By the way, if you like rice recipes you can't miss our chicken rice salad .
Don't you have any ingredients? Here are other similar recipes
How to make rice with vegetables
- The first step is to peel the onion and cut it into small pieces. We peel the garlic cloves and chop them. We reserve.
- We open the green and red pepper in half and remove the seeds from inside. We pass water to clean them and then cut them into small pieces.
- We take a casserole, add a little olive oil and add the garlic, onion and peppers. We cook everything stirring the mixture to get a homogeneous cooking.
- While it cooks we can cut the rest of the vegetables. Peel the 4 artichokes and cut them in half. The artichokes are peeled, removing the outer part. That is, the hardest leaves. We also remove the top and bottom. It is important that we keep only the heart and the most tender leaves.
- We peel the tomatoes and grate them. Another option is to use natural canned tomatoes from the supermarket. We peel the carrots and cut them.
- Once the onion is golden, add the artichokes in halves and the carrot pieces. We let it cook for a few minutes. At this point we can optionally add the saffron. We let it cook for about 5-10 minutes.
- After this time we added the grated tomato and let the tomato liquid reduce a little.
- At this point we can add the peas and stir everything. We adjust with a little salt.
- We add the 400 grams of rice. Let cook for about 5 minutes over medium heat until we see that the rice begins to stick to the casserole. Pour in the vegetable broth. We remove all the ingredients. If you don't have vegetable broth you can use water.
- Now all that remains is to wait for the rice to cook and the vegetables to finish cooking. We leave over medium heat for about 15 minutes after the broth boils. During this time, if we see that all the vegetable broth evaporates, we can add one more glass.
- After this time, when we see that the liquid has reduced and that the rice is sweet, then it is time to turn off the heat. Let it rest for 10-15 minutes and serve the rice with vegetables on 4 plates.
- It's time to enjoy an exquisite dish of rice with vegetables!