Traditional and creamy baked cheesecake recipe
The recipe that I bring today on the cooking blog is very special to me. Is about the traditional cheesecake . One of my favorite desserts and one of the first recipes I prepared when I was 10 years old with the help of my grandmother.
This dish is very easy to prepare . It uses ingredients that we all have at home such as butter, milk, cheese, cookies or sugar. We just have to mix and leave it in the oven for a few minutes.
Have you seen how simple?
Cheesecake or cheesecake is a famous dessert in countries around the world . In each region it is prepared in a different way.
In this case we will use the recipe that incorporates 2 types of cheese, Philadelphia and Mascarpone, and a base made from crackers.
There are variants that allow you to prepare this dish without an oven. However, the recipe I have today includes baking in the oven, which is how my grandmother traditionally cooked it in the village.
If you are one of those people who likes to use Thermomix to prepare recipes, don't worry since I also leave you the steps. how to make cheesecake with the food processor .
Don't you have any ingredients? Here are other similar recipes
How to make fluffy and homemade cheesecake
- The first step is to chop all the cookies until they are well crumbled. A trick is to put them in a bag and beat them with a rolling pin until you get a fine biscuit powder.
- We melt the 100 grams of butter or margarine in the microwave and mix it together with the chopped cookies. We mix all the ingredients.
- We take the mold where we will cook the cheesecake and add the biscuit and butter mixture, pressing firmly until there is a very solid base.
- In a container we add the 2 eggs and 200 grams of sugar. We stir everything with the whisk until it is foamy.
- Before adding the Philadelphia and Mascarpone cheese, we beat them a little so that they are not completely solid.
- We add the milk and then the two cheeses from the cake. At this point we can preheat the oven to about 180 ºC.
- We add the sifted flour or Cornstarch and stir everything with an electric or manual mixer.
- Finally, we melt the 80 grams of butter for the filling in the microwave and add it with the rest of the ingredients. We mix.
- Once we obtain a homogeneous mixture, we add it to the mold where we had previously prepared the cookie base.
- Once the oven is at the appropriate temperature, in this case 180 ºC, we put the mold in the oven and let it cook for about 20-30 minutes. Each oven is different and therefore the time may vary. We recommend sticking a toothpick into the cheesecake. If it comes out clean it means it is cooked. Otherwise we leave it for a few more minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool to room temperature. Once we have made sure that it is ready to eat, we take out the mold and let it cool in the refrigerator where it will take on the typical texture of cheesecakes. We can also unmold it once it has cooled in the refrigerator.
- We prepare the strawberry jam and when the cheesecake has cooled we spread it over the entire surface.
- Now we can enjoy the best grandma's cheesecake in the world!
Cheesecake recipe in Thermomix
If you are one of the people who likes to use the food processor to prepare your dishes, don't worry since this recipe can also be cooked using some of the Thermomix functions.
Preparation of the recipe step by step
- The first step is to prepare the cookie base for the cheesecake. To do this, we put the Maria or Digestive cookies inside the glass of the food processor. We program at speed 5-10 for about 10-15 seconds.
- Next we add the butter or margarine. It is important that it is at room temperature. We mix the ingredients at speed 5 for 5 seconds.
- Once we have everything well mixed, we proceed to prepare the base of the cake inside the mold as we explained in the previous section.
- At this point we let the oven preheat to a temperature of about 180 ºC.
- While the oven is heating up, add the rest of the ingredients that are left in the Thermomix container and mix everything for 30-40 seconds at speed 5-6.
- We put the mixture into the mold where we have prepared the base with the cookies and butter. We let it cool in the refrigerator for a few hours.
- While it cools we can prepare the strawberry jam or coulis.
- Once it is cold, we place the jam on the surface of the cake. We serve and we can now enjoy one of the best desserts that exists!
Tricks and tips for cooking the best cheesecake
I'm sure you've tried all kinds of cheesecakes, some better than others. The recipe is mostly the same, it is the cook's way of preparing it that changes the result.
Below we give you some tips and tricks to prepare a scrumptious homemade cheesecake.
Prepare a consistent cookie base
This step is very important to achieve a consistent and crispy base. We place a piece of baking paper on the base of the mold and add the mixture of crumbled cookies and butter. We press very hard so that the mixture is very compact.
A trick to make it crispy is to let it cook in the oven at a temperature of about 160ºC for 10 minutes before continuing with the recipe.
The perfect cheese mix
Another important point is to achieve a very homogeneous mixture of Mascarpone and Philadelphia with as few lumps as possible. It is important that the cheeses are at room temperature.
In the step where we mix the cheeses with the rest of the ingredients, it is important to use manual whisks. If we use electric we recommend the use of an accessory such as the shovel.
We must avoid excessive entry of air into the mixture since we do not want it to rise too much.
How to bake the cake properly
Before adding the mixture into the mold along with the cookie base, we recommend greasing the mold a little with margarine, butter or a little oil.
Once we have the mold filled with the mixture, we let it cook in the oven following the instructions we have given previously.
Cooking time is usually 20-35 minutes. The exact time depends on each oven. For this reason, we recommend checking the doneness of the cake periodically using a toothpick.
We prick the cake with the toothpick. If it comes out clean, it tells us that it is already cooked. If not, leave it for a few more minutes and check again until the toothpick comes out clean.
When to unmold the cheesecake
After cooking it in the oven, we let it rest until it no longer burns and is at room temperature.
The next step is to cover it with plastic wrap and let it cool in the refrigerator for a few hours. It is advisable to prepare the cake during the afternoon. This way we can let it cool overnight and eat it for breakfast the next day.
To be able to unmold the cheesecake without problems we can use this trick: we wrap the mold with a hot cloth and wait a few seconds. This will make it come off the walls of the mold and leave us with a perfect cheesecake.