Chicken curry recipe with easy cream
Curry is a spice widely used in a wide variety of Asian countries. It is usually prepared with rice and vegetables. Sometimes you can also add chicken, beef or even some type of seafood such as shrimp. There are many different types of curry: red curry, green curry, yellow curry among others. This time we will use yellow curry, typical in Thai cuisine.
In recipes with vegetables we like to prepare vegetarian dishes, but sometimes we also have the luxury of adding some type of meat to give it a more intense flavor. In this recipe we will add an optional ingredient, cream. The cream will soften the curry, reducing its powerful flavor. However, for those who are braver and like powerful flavors, you can not add the cream.
Don't you have any ingredients? Here are other similar recipes
Preparation of chicken curry with cream
- The first step is to wash and cut the vegetables. Chop the onion and cut the green and red peppers. We put a splash of oil in a frying pan and when it is hot we add the vegetables.
- At the same time, we put water to boil in a saucepan to prepare the white rice.
- After five minutes we add the chopped garlic and a little pepper and salt to the pan. We stir the sauce over low heat for about 5-7 minutes.
- We check the rice water, and if it is boiling we add the 400 grams of white rice.
- Next we cut the chicken into cubes, add a little salt and add it to the pan with the rest of the ingredients, increasing the intensity of the heat to speed up the cooking of the chicken.
- We taste the rice to see if it's done. Once done, remove it and drain the water.
- Add to the mixture the tablespoons of Thai yellow curry and optionally add the liquid cream to our plate and stir slowly.
- Once the white rice and the sofrita are ready, we put some rice on a plate and next to it we add our yellow curry preparation with vegetables. Also in this step you can add cilantro.
- All that's left to do is enjoy this exquisite dish with an Asian touch!
Tips for Cooking the Perfect Chicken Curry
-To give it more flavor you can add other spices to part of the curry: ginger, cinnamon, chilli, turmeric or the one that you most want.
-To make it more authentic we recommend using basmati rice.
-We recommend buying curry in specialized stores. In this way the flavors we will obtain will be more similar to those of the East.