Catalan chicken with shrimp recipe
Discover an exquisite and deep-rooted recipe from Catalan cuisine such as chicken with shrimp.
In this dish, the flavors of meat and the sea (sea and mountains) are combined in a spectacular way, giving you the possibility of exploring new options in your kitchen and surprising your palate with unique flavors.
In this article, we will guide you in detail in the preparation of this delicious chicken and shrimp dish. Furthermore, it is important to note that this recipe is highly adaptable, allowing you to use ingredients such as cuttlefish, hake or crayfish instead of shrimp or prawns.
Take advantage of this wonderful opportunity to enjoy an incredible fusion of flavors. You can not lose this!
Don't you have any ingredients? Here are other similar recipes
How to make chicken with prawns step by step
- Chop 2 cloves of garlic into very small pieces.
- In a large skillet, heat a little olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Season the chicken thighs with salt and pepper. Add the thighs to the pan and brown them on both sides. We reserve.
- In the same pan, add a little more oil if necessary. Add the chopped garlic, onion and carrot, and fry until golden.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and bay leaf to the pan. Cook over medium-low heat for a few minutes until the tomatoes soften.
- Add the chicken thighs back to the pan and pour in the white wine. Let the wine reduce slightly.
- Add the fresh prawns to the pan and cook until pink and cooked through.
- Meanwhile, we prepare the mince: in a mortar, crush the 2 remaining garlic, the almonds, the toasted bread and the pine nuts until we obtain a thick paste.
- We add the minced meat to the pan and mix all the ingredients well. We cook over low heat for a few additional minutes so that the flavors meld.
- We remove the bay leaf and serve the chicken with shrimp hot. Sprinkle with fresh chopped parsley to decorate.
- All we have to do is serve and enjoy this exquisite recipe for chicken with Catalan shrimp.