Roasted chicken with vegetables recipe
Do you want a healthy and very tasty recipe? I present to you this dish of baked chicken with vegetables. This food never fails.
Some Sundays I have to prepare food for the family and many times I choose a chicken recipe. I love this type of meat as it is one of the healthiest.
Some tell me that it is one of the least tasty and it is surely true. Red meats, having more fat content, have a more powerful flavor. However, if you know how to play with sauces, dressings and flavors, you can cook very, very tasty chicken recipes.
In this dish we will use plants such as thyme, spices such as curry and fruits such as lemon to give it an exquisite taste for our palate. Also, at the end I'll tell you a trick to greatly enhance the taste of the chicken: season it with a sauce made from white wine.
Lets go cook!
Don't you have any ingredients? Here are other similar recipes
Roasted Chicken with Vegetables Ingredients
How to make baked chicken with vegetables recipe
- In this recipe we can use the whole chicken, the thighs or the breast. If I have a lot of guests I like to buy the whole chicken. However, if we are few people I like to cook chicken thighs.
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC. This way we will have it ready when we finish preparing the garnish.
- First we wash and cut the vegetables. We can cut the onion into slices or julienne.
- We open the peppers and remove the seeds from inside. Then we cut them into strips.
- Cut the mushrooms into slices (not very thin) and the 4 carrots into medium-thick slices.
- Finally we cut the potatoes into slices.
- We take a prepared baking dish, put a splash of oil, make a bed with the potatoes. It is important that they are well distributed.
- On top of the potatoes we spread the rest of the vegetables. We add a little salt and optionally a small splash of oil. We already have the garnish ready!
- We put the chicken on top, whether it is the thighs, the breast or the whole chicken.
- We squeeze the two lemons and put it on top of the chicken.
- Once the oven is preheated to 200ºC, add the thyme, season with salt and pepper and put the tray in. We wait about 30-40 minutes (always checking that it does not burn). Additionally we can add a little curry.
- After this time we turn the chicken, remove the vegetables and wait another half hour.
- When we see that everything is nicely browned, we take out the tray and check that the vegetables are well baked. If not, we let roast 5-10 more minutes.
- Now we can serve the dish and surprise our guests with a wonderful dish of baked chicken with vegetables!
Baked chicken with vegetables and white wine
In this recipe we have used a little lemon to give flavor to the chicken. However, I often use a dressing made from white wine that gives it an exquisite flavor.
It's really easy to prepare. We simply need 500 ml of white wine, a little oregano, rosemary and thyme.
We put the white wine in a bowl with the oregano, rosemary and thyme. Chop a little garlic and parsley and add it to the mixture. We stir a little so that everything is well mixed.
We let the chicken soak for at least 1 hour. The longer it stays, the more taste it will take.
Then we follow the steps of the baked chicken with vegetables recipe that we have detailed previously.
That's it! We have already cooked this variant that is delicious.
Breast or thighs? Which part of the chicken to choose
Chicken in general is a very nutritional meat and low in calories compared to red meat. It contains between 30-50 grams of protein per 100 grams, which makes it a perfect source of protein.
The thighs have about 3-4 grams of fat per 100 grams while the breast has a little less, about 2 grams per 100.
Therefore, on a nutritional level, the breast would be a little healthier.
However, I prefer the thighs. By having a little more lipid content the flavor is more intense. I also like to leave the skin on, even if it is the fattest part of the thighs.
Although the brisket is healthier at a caloric level, the difference is very little. Instead, in my opinion, there is a big difference in taste.
When I decide to prepare chicken recipes I always choose the whole chicken (if we are a lot of people) or the thighs.
But this depends on each one! Some people prefer the breast and others the thighs. Try both and keep the part you like best.