Breaded or breaded chicken recipe
Breaded chicken fillets are a classic dish that conquers the palates of young and old. The perfect combination between the tender, juicy chicken and the crispy breading layer makes them an irresistible option for a tasty meal.
Breaded chicken is a recipe that has been passed down from generation to generation, adapting to different cultures and culinary styles. Its preparation process is simple, but the end result is delicious.
The secret to good breaded chicken lies in the right combination of ingredients and correct handling during breading and frying. The crispy, golden coating, along with the juicy interior of the chicken, creates a perfect contrast.
This breaded chicken recipe is perfect for a family meal, a dinner with friends or simply when you want to enjoy a comforting dish. You can accompany it with a fresh salad, some golden fries or even inside a delicious sandwich.
In addition to its irresistible flavor, breaded chicken offers the possibility of adapting it to your personal preferences. You can add your favorite spices to the breadcrumbs, such as garlic powder, sweet paprika, or even aromatic herbs for an extra touch of flavor.
You can also experiment with different types of breadcrumbs, such as panko breadcrumbs, for an even crunchier texture.
There are different ways to prepare it, some healthier, such as breaded chicken cooked in the air fryer. However, today we will limit ourselves to the traditional classic recipe.
Don't you have any ingredients? Here are other similar recipes
How to prepare breaded chicken fillets
- First of all, we prepare the ingredients. Place the breadcrumbs in a deep plate and optionally add the garlic powder. We add salt and pepper to taste. Mix all the breadcrumb ingredients well.
- In another deep plate, beat the eggs. We reserve.
- We take a chicken fillet and dip it into the beaten eggs first, making sure it is well coated all over.
- Next, we place the fillet on the breadcrumb plate and press lightly so that the breadcrumbs adhere well to both sides of the fillet. Flip the steak over and repeat the process on the other side.
- Once the fillet is breaded, we place it on a clean tray or plate. We repeat steps 4-6 with the remaining fillets.
- Heat enough vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. We wait for the oil to be hot but not smoking.
- Carefully place the breaded fillets in the hot skillet. Depending on the size of the pan, we may need to fry the steaks in batches.
- Fry the breaded chicken tenders for about 2-3 minutes on each side, or until golden and crisp. We can lightly press the fillets with a spatula to make sure they are well cooked inside.
- Once the fillets are browned, remove them from the pan and place them on absorbent paper to remove excess fat.
- We serve the breaded chicken fillets hot and accompany them with a fresh salad, French fries or any accompaniment of your choice.
Tips to prepare the best breaded chicken
To obtain an even crispier breading, we can repeat the breading process a second time, passing the fillet again through the beaten eggs and breadcrumbs.
If we prefer a healthier version, we can bake the breaded fillets instead of frying them. We simply preheat the oven to 200°C, drizzle the fillets with a little oil and bake them for about 20-25 minutes, turning them halfway through.