Traditional beer chicken recipe
It is the first time I have prepared this recipe and it really surprised me. A stew is cooked based on vegetables, which provide a sweet touch and beer is also added, providing a bitter touch to the dish.
All kinds of beers can be used. On this occasion we used blonde beer but next time I want to try black beer.
It is a simple recipe to prepare since you only have to mark the chicken, cut the vegetables and cook everything together with the beer until it evaporates and a slightly thick sauce remains.
Depending on the heat and the amount of beer, you will have to wait from 50 minutes to more than an hour to get the perfect texture of the sauce.
Don't you have any ingredients? Here are other similar recipes
How to make chicken in beer sauce
- Pour a splash of oil in a pot and heat it up.
- Once the oil is hot, add the chicken to sear it over high heat. This will take about 3-4 minutes.
- We peel the carrots and cut them into thin slices.
- We wash the pepper and chop it into small pieces. We also chop the garlic.
- Cut the onion Brunoise style.
- Once the chicken is marked, we take it out and reserve it on a plate.
- In the same oil where we have marked the chicken, add the carrot, onion, garlic and pepper. We also add the salt and pepper and let it cook for 15 minutes over low heat.
- After 15 minutes the onion will be transparent and the carrot will be half cooked. We add the tablespoon of flour which will give body to the beer sauce. We integrate with all the vegetables and let it cook for 2 more minutes.
- We put the chicken back into the pot and add the juices it left to the plate where we had reserved it.
- We add a pinch of rosemary and thyme, the bay leaf and cover everything with the beer (half a liter). We mix all the ingredients.
- We let it cook over low heat for a period of 45-50 minutes so that the beer reduces and the sauce forms. We have prepared it with blonde beer but you can also try it with black beer.
- After this time, all that remains is to serve the beer chicken dish and enjoy this meal.