Grandma's Lemon Chicken Recipe
Today I want to share with you a dish that has been part of my family for years, passed down from generation to generation by my grandmother.
Lemon Roasted Chicken is a perfect combination of classic and healthy flavors. Known to be an excellent source of lean protein, chicken is tender and juicy after being roasted, making it a staple ingredient in many cuisines around the world.
The lemon provides a citrus touch that enhances the flavors of the chicken and adds a dimension of freshness to each bite.
But beyond its delicious flavor, this recipe offers us significant nutritional benefits. Chicken is rich in high-quality proteins that help maintain and repair muscle tissues, while lemon is an excellent source of vitamin C, a powerful antioxidant that strengthens our immune system and helps fight free radicals in our body.
Don't you have any ingredients? Here are other similar recipes
How to make lemon chicken in the traditional style step by step
- First, we squeeze the lemons to obtain their fresh juice and reserve the zest of one of them.
- In a container, mix the lemon juice, lemon zest, chicken broth, minced garlic, olive oil (one tablespoon), salt and black pepper.
- Place the chicken breasts on a plate and pour the marinade over them. We made sure to coat all the chicken pieces well. We let it marinate for at least 10 minutes in the refrigerator so that the flavors integrate. We reserve the marinade.
- Heat a large frying pan over medium-high heat with a little oil.
- Remove the chicken breasts from the marinade and place them in the hot pan. Cook each side for approximately 5-6 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Once the chicken is cooked, remove it from the pan and place it on a separate plate.
- We place the chicken breasts back in the pan and cover each one with the lemon sauce that we had reserved. We cook for another 2-3 minutes so that the flavors mix and the chicken is well coated with the sauce.
- Sprinkle fresh chopped parsley over the chicken before serving to add a touch of freshness and color.