Recipe for oven-roasted sweet potatoes
Autumn is coming and it is time to adapt our dishes to this time of year full of colors. There are 3 very typical autumn foods: sweet potato, pumpkin and chestnuts.
Today it's time to prepare some delicious oven-roasted sweet potatoes. This recipe is super easy. Even if you don't have experience in the kitchen, you can prepare it without any problem. You just have to leave the sweet potatoes in the oven for approximately an hour and we can enjoy this delicious autumn fruit.
Don't you have any ingredients? Here are other similar recipes
How to roast sweet potatoes in the oven
- We preheat the oven above and below to about 200ºC.
- We wash the sweet potatoes well to remove any dirt they may have. We dry them and with a fork we make little holes to let the steam escape when we roast them in the oven and prevent them from spoiling.
- We take baking paper and put it on the tray where we will bake the sweet potatoes. Once the oven is hot, we introduce the tray with the sweet potatoes.
- We let it cook for approximately one hour. The exact time will depend on the size of the sweet potato and the type of oven used. We can check the cooking status by sticking a fork or toothpick into it. If it goes in easily it means it's done.
- Once they are soft, we take the sweet potatoes out of the oven and let them cool a little in a kitchen container. This step is important, since like the potato, the sweet potato stores heat very well inside.
- Once they have cooled a little (don't let them cool too much as they are better hot) we can eat them.