Baked chestnuts recipe easy to peel
One of my favorite plans for when the autumn cold begins and it gets dark soon is to cook chestnuts in the oven and spend the afternoon watching a movie while I eat them with family or friends.
Preparation is easy. We buy chestnuts, we make a cut, we put them in the oven, we wait and we eat them. This recipe has no more. The most important part is when we go to buy them.
As I am going to tell you below, it is important that they are quality chestnuts. It is advisable to spend time selecting the best ones.
Today's chestnuts will be prepared in the oven. However, there is also the option of cooking them in the microwave. The steps are the same. Simply, at the end, instead of putting them on a tray in the oven, we put them in a microwave container, cover it and let it cook for 3 minutes at a power of 800 W (if we have 600 W it is 4 minutes).
Don't you have any ingredients? Here are other similar recipes
How to make oven roasted chestnuts
- The most important thing in the recipe is choosing the right chestnuts. The skin must be shiny and we must make sure that there are no cuts or holes (there could be worms). Another point to take into account is the size of the chestnuts. They should be similar in size. Otherwise, the cooking time of each of them could vary a lot.
- Once we have bought some good chestnuts, we preheat the oven from above and below to about 200 ºC.
- While it heats up, we wash and dry each of the chestnuts well. It is important to remove dirt from the skin well.
- We make two cross cuts in each of the chestnuts (we can also make a horizontal cut). It is important that it is a clean cut and that it perforates the two skins of the fruit.
- We put them in a tray suitable for oven. Once the oven is hot we put the tray with the chestnuts inside.
- Cooking time is approximately 25-30 minutes. During this time it is important that you control them. To know if they are done, we can look at the cut. If it has become large and is well open, it is an indication that it can now be removed from the oven.
- Once they are done, we take them out, put a little fine salt on top and we can serve them.