Baked Pumpkin Pie Recipe
Since autumn is here (at the time of writing this recipe) I wanted something sweet and I decided to recover a recipe that I had stored in the bottom of the drawer that my grandmother taught me when I was little. I haven't prepared it in years!
This is a medium level recipe . It is not as simple as pumpkin in the oven or chestnuts in the oven but it doesn't require you to be an expert in cooking either.
To always cook It is important to have good utensils . Below I will recommend some that I have used to cook the pumpkin pie, along with the link.
Don't you have any ingredients? Here are other similar recipes
How to prepare a baked pumpkin cake
- The first step is to cut the pumpkin and clean it. Peel the pumpkin, cut it in half and remove all the seeds inside. We make medium pieces. We preheat the oven to 180 ºC. Now we must cook the pumpkin pieces. Normally, if I have time, I prefer to cook it in the oven. However, the approximate cooking time in the oven is from 40 minutes to 1 hour so that it is very soft. If you don't have that much time you can put it to cook in water and in about 20 minutes it will be soft.
- Once the time has passed and the pumpkin pieces are soft, we take them out and put them on a plate. With the help of a spoon or fork, crush all the pieces until obtaining a dough.
- In a separate bowl, break the eggs and beat until foamy. Add the oil while we continue beating everything. At this point we add the flour (little by little), the chemical yeast, half a teaspoon of nutmeg and a touch of cinnamon powder.
- Add the mixture where we have the crushed pumpkin and stir everything well. Optionally we can add chopped walnuts.
- Take a mold suitable for the oven and grease it with butter or line it with baking paper. The goal of this step is to prevent the pumpkin pie from getting stuck.
- Pour the mixture into the mold and put it in the oven (once it is already hot). We let it bake for about 35-45 minutes. The exact time depends on each oven. To check if it is done we can stick a toothpick into it. If it comes out clean it means it's ready!
- We take our pumpkin pie out of the oven and let it cool for a few minutes. We decorate it with a little powdered sugar. We unmold and serve on a plate. All we have to do is enjoy this delicious autumn cake!
How to cook pumpkin pie in Thermomix
If you have a food processor or Thermomix, you can also prepare the carrot cake using these kitchen appliances.
The first step is to cook the pumpkin, either in the oven or in a saucepan with boiling water. It is very important that the pumpkin pieces are soft before putting them in the food processor.
In the glass we put the eggs and sugar and let it stir at speed 4 for about 6 minutes. We reserve.
Once the pumpkin is soft, place it in the Thermomix container and blend for 25 seconds at speed 5 to 9. Next, add the crushed pumpkin, the mixture of eggs and sugar, flour, a dash of oil to the container olive, nutmeg, chopped walnuts, a touch of cinnamon, a pinch of salt and baking powder.
We mix everything for 20 seconds at a speed of 4. We pour the mixture into an oven-safe mold. The mold should be greased with butter or covered with baking paper to prevent the cake from sticking.
We put the mold in the oven preheated to 180ºC for 35-45 minutes. To check if it is cooked, we will prick the cake with a toothpick. The goal is for it to come out clean.
Once the cake is cooked we can serve it and eat it!