Grilled vegetables recipe
We all love to prepare a good barbecue of meat with friends. However, there are much healthier and just as delicious options. We present to you the grilled vegetables.
This recipe is very easy to cook since we only need the vegetables that we have in the refrigerator, and a grill to roast them. This dish is full of vitamins and mineral salts, making it perfect for taking care of our figure while we enjoy an exquisite meal.
With the grill you can achieve incredible flavors with very little oil, maintaining the texture and properties of the vegetables, making the grill one of the healthiest ways to cook your vegetables.
This grilled vegetable recipe is also perfect for the little ones in the house. We all know that children don't really like eating vegetables. However, grilling will give it a different flavor that even the little ones in the house will love.
We can also add some sauce to the roasted vegetables, such as some type of vinaigrette.
We can accompany this dish with a good green salad and a cold beer!
Don't you have any ingredients? Here are other similar recipes
How to grill vegetables
- The first step is to wash the vegetables well to remove traces of sand and avoid any other harmful products they may contain.
- We cut the eggplants, onions and zucchini into slices.
- We can cut the sweet potato and carrots into strips.
- Cut the peppers in half and remove the seeds from the inside of the red and green peppers. They can also be roasted whole without cutting them.
- We cut the mushrooms in half and we can cut the pumpkin into cubes or strips.
- We can leave the asparagus whole.
- We put a splash of oil on the grill and let it heat up. We can also use a griddle, grill or frying pan for roasting vegetables. Another option is to grill vegetables in the oven.
- Once the grill is hot, add the carrots, eggplant, onion and asparagus since these vegetables are the ones that take the longest to grill. When we see that they begin to cook, we add the zucchini, peppers, sweet potato, pumpkin and mushrooms.
- It is important to monitor the condition of the vegetables and turn them when necessary so that they do not overcook.
- Once they are roasted, we remove them and add salt to taste. We can also add aromatic herbs or other types of spices such as curry.
- Serve and enjoy this exquisite and healthy dish of grilled vegetables!
How to prepare a vinaigrette for grilled vegetables
- Peel the garlic and crush it.
- We put the walnuts in the mortar and crush them. Combine the garlic with the crushed walnuts.
- We add the lemon juice and Modena vinegar to the mixture. We mix.
- While we mix we can add a little salt and a splash of oil. We continue to mix well.
- We now have a great vinaigrette for our grilled vegetables!
Keys to preparing the best grilled vegetables
One of the main advantages of cooking vegetables on the grill is that it is a very easy way to prepare delicious recipes without having to be an expert in the kitchen. There are other types of cooking techniques, such as steam cooking, which requires more knowledge since the flavors are not masked and therefore you have to know how to enhance the flavor of the vegetables to obtain a good result.
Another important point is that this type of cooking on the grill achieves very good results without much knowledge and therefore people who are not used to eating vegetables can start including them in their recipes. To this we can also add that it is not necessary to use oil, which can be very beneficial since when the oil is heated, its internal structure undergoes changes in the chemical bonds that cause the appearance of unsaturated fats, which are not considered very good for a healthy diet.
Grilled vegetables are very healthy! Another key aspect for cooking our cosmorecipes on the grill is that in many cases results can be achieved in terms of flavor that are very similar to cooking on the grill, with the advantage that there are no burned pieces of charcoal, which are highly dangerous since various Studies suggest that they could have a negative effect on people's health because they are carcinogenic agents.