Easy and Crispy Air Fryer Fried Calamari Recipe
Since they gave me the air fryer I have not stopped making new recipes. It is true that the flavor is not the same. Frying with oil is not the same as cooking with hot air, but you can get delicious and much healthier results.
Today's recipe is Roman-style squid (old fashioned) cooked with the air fryer. Like all these recipes it is a very simple dish to prepare. We just need to bread them and let them cook in the fryer basket.
Don't you have any ingredients? Here are other similar recipes
How to cook squid with the air fryer
- Preheat the air fryer to 200 degrees Celsius (390 degrees Fahrenheit) for a few minutes.
- Meanwhile, we wash the squid rings and drain them well.
- In a separate container, add the wheat flour and a little salt. We mix.
- Dip the squid rings in the flour mixture, making sure to cover them completely.
- Place the breaded squid rings in the air fryer basket, making sure they are not too tight.
- Cook the calamari in the preheated air fryer at 390 degrees Fahrenheit (200 degrees Celsius) for 8-10 minutes, or until golden and crisp.
- Carefully remove the calamari from the air fryer and place it on a plate lined with absorbent paper to remove excess fat.
- We serve the calamari hot and accompany it with lemon, tartar sauce or other sauces of our choice.
Tips to get the best squid cooked in a fryer without oil
To get an even crispier texture , you can lightly spray the squid with cooking spray before cooking in the air fryer.
If you prefer thicker breading , you can dip the squid rings in beaten egg before coating them in the flour mixture.
Don't overload the basket from the air fryer to ensure even, crispy cooking.