Recipe for sea bream with salt cooked in the oven
I love baked or salted fish recipes since they are very simple dishes to prepare, healthy, light and quick to make. They are perfect for any dinner accompanied by some vegetables.
Sea bream with salt only needs 3 ingredients: water, coarse and golden salt. The sea bream is buried in salt and cooked in the oven. The key is to wait the right amount of time since the first time I prepared it I took it out ahead of time and it was raw.
I recommend removing the sea bream when the eye is white and with the salt it becomes a little golden. Taking this into account, you will surely get an exquisite salt sea bream.
Don't you have any ingredients? Here are other similar recipes
How to make salt sea bream step by step
- The first step is to preheat the oven to 200ºC with heat up and down.
- Next we take a container, add the salt and half a cup of natural water. We mix the salt and water by pinching it with our fingers. The goal is for the salt to be compact.
- Once the salt is compacted, we take the oven-safe dish and make a “bed” by pressing the salt against the dish.
- We put the 2 sea breams on the bed and cover the rest of the body of the fish. The objective is that they are well buried in salt except for the head (it is important that the eye be seen) and the tail.
- Once the oven is hot we put the dish with the 2 golden ones in the oven and let it cook for about 25 minutes. There are 2 tricks to keep in mind to make sure that the sea bream is cooked. The first is that the eye is white and the second is that the salt is golden.
- Once the 2 requirements that we have seen are met, we take it out of the oven and serve it.