Pad Thai wok recipe with vegetables
5 years ago I was traveling with my backpack through Thailand. What I like most about traveling through these countries is going to local restaurants and eating the same as the people of the country. I tried many different dishes, each with its own peculiar flavor.
However, there was one that especially caught my attention: the Pad Thai.
This dish is very typical of Thai cuisine and consists of rice noodles mixed with egg and all kinds of vegetables. Tamarind paste, roasted peanuts, cilantro and a piece of lime are also usually added.
You can really add all the ingredients you want to these Thai noodles. Many people like to eat them with shitake mushrooms or other vegetables such as peppers.
If you like Asian food or if you are curious to try different cuisines, do not hesitate to prepare this dish.
If you still want to make the experience more authentic, there is nothing better than accompanying these pad thai noodles with a good Thai beer like chang wave shinga and for dessert eat a sticky rice with mango , made from glutinous rice, coconut milk and mango.
Don't you have any ingredients? Here are other similar recipes
Pad Thai Ingredients
Ingredients for the pad thai sauce
How to make pad thai thai style
- If we decide to add prawns to the recipe, we first peel them, reserving the head (we will use it later). Pour a little olive oil into a frying pan (we recommend using a wok). When they are ready we book.
- We put water in a saucepan over high heat. When the water is boiling, add the pad thai noodle noodles and let it cook. It is important to follow the noodles manufacturer's instructions.
- Chop the onion. Cut the tofu into small cubes and add these ingredients to the wok with a splash of oil. We saute the vegetables.
- Cut the chicken breast into medium pieces and add it to the wok. Sauté the entire mixture for a few minutes.
- Once the noodles are cooked, drain them and add them to the wok with the rest of the vegetables.
- We break the eggs and put them into the wok. Stir to mix the flavors well. We also add the prawns.
- Finally we add the bean sprouts, chives, cilantro and chopped and toasted peanuts. We leave half a lime on the plate for anyone who wants to add a little to the noodles.
- Next we teach you how to prepare an exquisite homemade sauce for pad thai. If you prefer, you can also find it in Asian food stores. Or you can simply add a little soy sauce to the noodles.
Preparation of the sauce for pad thai noodles
It is very easy to prepare this type of sauce. We recommend purchasing the sauce ingredients for Thai noodles at a store specializing in Asian products.
We simply mix 3 tablespoons of fish sauce with one tablespoon of chili powder. Next we add 2 tablespoons of brown sugar. Finally we add 2 tablespoons of the tamarind paste.
Finally, when we have the Thai noodles ready, we pour this sauce on top and we have a delicious Thai recipe ready.