Easy leek and pear recipe
The leek and pear recipe combines the softness of the leeks with the sweet tone of the pears, offering you a unique taste experience and at the same time providing many health benefits.
It is a very simple recipe to prepare and can be eaten both hot and cold. I love to prepare it in the summer and leave it in the refrigerator to eat it very cool with a little hard-boiled egg and ham.
However, in winter I eat it very warm to warm up, accompanied by toasted bread.
The leek, brother of the onion, is the great star of this cream. Not only does it provide its characteristic and mild flavor, but it also has benefits.
It is rich in vitamin K, important for blood clotting and bone health. In addition, leeks contain antioxidants that protect your cells from oxidative damage from different cellular processes.
The second most important ingredient, pears, are an excellent source of fiber, improve digestion and keep you fuller for longer. They also provide vitamin C to strengthen your immune system and potassium, important for fluid balance and proper muscle function.
The potato provides texture and consistency without adding too much fat. If you decide to add cream, do so sparingly to achieve a creamier texture without losing the lightness of the dish.
Don't you have any ingredients? Here are other similar recipes
How to make leek and pear cream step by step
- In a large casserole, we begin by heating a tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat. Add the sliced leeks and the finely chopped onion. We fry until they are tender and slightly golden (both the pieces of leek and the onion).
- Once the leeks and onion are at the right point, add the pear pieces and the potato cubes into the casserole. Mix well to make sure all the ingredients are well mixed. Let the pears and potatoes cook for a few minutes until they start to get tender.
- Pour the vegetable or chicken broth into the casserole, submerging the vegetables. If we don't have broth on hand, we can also use water, since the vegetables already add a lot of flavor.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and then reduce the heat to cook gently, covered, for about 20-25 minutes. The vegetables must be tender enough when we finish cooking.
- Once the vegetables are fully cooked, we use a hand blender or a blender to blend all the ingredients until a smooth and homogeneous texture is achieved. If we prefer a thicker cream, we can add less broth or water to the mixture.
- Optionally, if we want a creamier texture, add a little liquid cream to the cream and mix well. Next, we season the cream with salt and pepper to our personal taste. If we want to intensify the flavors, we can add a small amount of grated nutmeg.
- Once the cream is prepared, we pour it into individual plates. If we prefer, we can add a few small pieces of walnuts on top of each plate as decoration, or even a little nutmeg.
- We accompany the cream with pieces of crusty bread or crackers to complete our gastronomic experience.
- Now all that remains is to serve and enjoy this exquisite recipe for leek and pear cream.