Baked yucca chips recipe
Today I bring one of my favorite companions. chips yucca baked or also known as baked manioc . This typical South American food has a tasty flavor and is perfect for snacking while talking with our friends or family and having a cold beer.
On another occasion I will bring you the fried cassava recipe . However, today I felt healthy and I wanted to prepare it in the oven with hardly any fat.
You can accompany this dish with guacamole sauce or pink sauce. Feel free to eat them with whatever sauces and spices you like. I'm sure they will be very delicious.
Don't you have any ingredients? Here are other similar recipes
Preparation of the baked yucca recipe
- The first thing we have to do to prepare this easy recipe is peel the cassava. This tuber is very similar to the potato, so a potato peeler will help us remove the tough skin.
- We fill a saucepan with water and bring it to a boil over high heat. We add a little salt.
- While the water starts to boil, we cut the cassava. We will cut it longitudinally, removing the thread inside. Then we cut it into sticks. The typical chip shape.
- When we see that the water is already boiling, we add the cut cassava to the water and wait 15-20 minutes for it to soften.
- Meanwhile, we take the opportunity to preheat the oven to 200ºC.
- After 15-20 minutes we check that the cassava is soft. We put the cassava chips well distributed on a tray suitable for baking.
- We put salt, pepper and a splash of oil on top of the cassava.
- We put the tray with the chips into the oven and leave it for about 10-15 minutes until it is golden brown. Finally we add a little parsley on top.
- We now have our yucca chips well baked and ready to be eaten!